Sooooo…’bout them blog goals.
…I’m still working on my blog goals from August! I totally loaded up on super-awesome ideas, and I got a bit overwhelmed along the way.
To be fair to myself, I’ve started back at work, and my time has been limited. We’ve got soccer practice, geography bee practice, church, appointments, the works!
Blog goals are still in full swing, but some of them have carried over to this month, and will be heading into October as well. And, you know what? I’m fine with that!
Let’s dig into to the nitty gritty. Get that corn out of my face! (As I type nitty gritty, I can hear Jack Black’s Nacho Libre!!!)
Blog goals from August
- Add 13 more posts to Lemon la Vie-I will do this by creating a writing schedule.
- Comment on 5 bloggers’ posts per day-I will do this by getting on Pinterest, and reading through others’ post that I’ve pinned.
- Become more active in Facebook groups-I will schedule about 30 minutes per day to engage with other bloggers on Facebook.
- Get at least 50 subscribers-This will take me engaging more on Facebook, Pinterest, and Tailwind. I will also update any SEO that can be adjusted.
- Apply for at least 2 more work-from-home jobs to share on the blog-I’ve already got some in mind, I just need to check them out.
- Book at least 10 classes on VIPKID-I will research what needs to be done to gain a following on the VIPKID platform.
The results…dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn
If I restrict my goals to August, I pretty much fail fabulously. Lucky for me, I allowed myself a lot of grace!
- 13 posts: Fail. I’ve completed 2. This is going to carry over into the coming months. I will be much more reasonable with my time.
- Comment on 5 bloggers’ posts per day: Eh…50/50. I started out the month really successful as a commenter on other blogs, but then I decided that I needed to be a little more reasonable with my time. It got to be VERY time consuming to read five blog posts and comment ever so thoughtfully on each and every one of them. I’m knocking this goal down to one per day for the coming months.
- Become more active in Facebook groups: Pass! I have managed to schedule enough time to become more active in Facebook groups. I have gotten most of my traffic from chatting with other bloggers here.
- Get at least 50 subscribers: Fail. Big time. My focus is shifting to reaching my ideal audience, I’ve been reading a lot about opt-ins and landing pages and on and on.
- Apply for at least 2 more work-from-home jobs to share on the blog: Pass! I just need to share them with you!
- Book at least 10 classes on VIPKID: Fail. I booked 6. All of this VIPKID stuff is awesome, and I’m just now feeling ready to open up a lot more slots!
Moving into fall
I’m going to continue to work on most of my goals that I haven’t yet met. Some goals have been adjusted because I realize that they simply were not realistic for my schedule.
I’m going to continue with my theme of becoming a work from home momma, but I’m getting ready to add in how to be a little more frugal for those of us that need some work in that department. Anybody else on the financial struggle bus?
How ’bout dem goals (the new ones for the last quarter of 2018)
- Add some content about keeping up with a frugal home: I plan to work on adding some financial tips and tricks that I’ve picked up along the way. I’m thinking about adding in some holiday saving content (EEEEK THE HOLIDAYS!!), so stay tuned!
- Create an incredible, problem-solving, opt-in freebie: What are your thoughts on this? I’ve been researching this A. LOT. What would you like to see? What can I help you with?
- Pitch to some companies in search of freelance writers: I’ve been using Elna’s tips from elnacain.com to get me started with scoring a writing gig. She’s AMAZING!
- Monetize: Yeah. I’m just going to leave that right there.
What about you?
What’s up with your biz in the final quarter of the year? Gosh! I’m so anxious to hear from you, so shoot me an email, or make yourself known in the comments
Thank you for taking the time to read and hold me accountable. If you like what you see, I’d love to get to know you a little better! Subscribe so we can chat!