Wow! That’s all that I got for describing this journey so far. Here’s a few things that you need to know before you begin your blog gig.
No Easy Feat
So, just to reiterate, before you begin your blog, know that this is a journey that we are taking together! I don’t know about you, but I feel much more confident in this blogging journey knowing that I am not alone.
Here’s a little more inspiration: I’m writing this in my pjs from my couch while my kids eat lunch at the table behind me. That’s what I’m talkin bout! If your goal is to stay home and take care of the fam while making a killing at this hustle, then grab yo drank (ehem…coffee) and let’s chat.
With that said, I need to share five things you need to know as you before you begin your blog.
- It’s hard work. I’ve been at it for a couple of weeks now, and I’ve discovered (as many others have, too) that there is a lot that goes into it. Just check out any successful blogger like Paul Scrivens of Obstacle.co or Kallie Branciforte of Caffeinate and Conquer. These folks have great resources, too!
- It’s more than just writing. So, if you think you’re in this to write only and have a successful online presence, think again. There’s acronyms out the wahzoo, host comparing, host navigating, image providers, email providers, do this, do that, no! not that! Not to mention the bazillion opinions on how to set up and establish yourself.
- Writing is key. I never said that it wasn’t important! It is your voice. It’s how you communicate with your readers. There are tons of resources available that help you to achieve a powerful blog post. So far, I’ve discovered the Yoast plugin available through WordPress. It will identify issues as well as strong points in your writing.
- Utilize what’s free! Keep in mind that there are tons of free resources out there. Use em! Hold off on dropping the dough until you find something that has been successful for lots of others, then invest! But only invest in the stuff that is tried and true! Remember, time is your most valuable resource. What you do with it will determine your path to success. So, don’t get caught up in all of the shiny things. No impulse buys! Do your research! You will need to purchase some things in the beginning, like your domain name and your hosting service, but financially, the investment is quite small. I’ve shared with you how much I spent this month here.
- You’ve got something to share, otherwise, you wouldn’t be doing this blog thing. Let it boost your confidence that you are learning so that you can become an authority and help someone else just like you. Don’t give up!
Lots more coming your way…
Do you have any tips or tricks that you’ve learned along your journey? Let’s collab! Let me know about any questions or concerns you have, and let me do the research. For real…let’s have a chitty chitty chat chat (all my Kung Fu Panda fans out there got me)!